"Throughout the time with CO2balance we have been more that satisfied with the services that they provide; their professionalism and their in-depth knowledge of carbon management. Their prompt and efficient service has provided added value to the services that they provide, especially with the assistance provided with tender documents and the carbon reporting required by our clients. We would happily recommend CO2balance to other organisations looking to carry out carbon management and environment related work."
- Gavin Duke, Managing Partner, MediaCom
The assessment methodology of our Greenhouse Gas Audit follows the reporting principles and guidelines provided by the Greenhouse Gas Protocol published by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and the World Resources Institute (WBCSD/WRI Protocol). In line with the WBCSD/WRI Protocol, CO2balance uses the following procedure to undertake a Greenhouse Gas Emissions Assessment:
- Establishment of the assessment boundaries (including the selection of: greenhouse gases, project boundaries and operational boundaries).
- Collection of client data.
- Evaluation of data quality and of client data sources.
- Calculation of emissions using appropriate conversion factors.
- Determination of suitable recommendations for future action.
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol published by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and the World Resources Institute (WBCSD/WRI Protocol).
- Greenhouse Gas Conversion Factors for Company Reporting – DEFRA 2014
- PAS 2060:2010 Specification for the demonstration of carbon neutrality
- PAS 2050:2011 Specification for the assessment of the life cycle greenhouse gas emissions of goods and services
- ISO 14064_1 - Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals.
- International Energy Agency CO2 Emissions from Fuel Combustion, 2013
Life cycle analysis
CO2balance research staff are experienced in the evaluation and determination of full lifecycle analysis of products and services. Following a consultation with clients to determine the scope of any project, the highly skilled researchers will work with product design and engineering departments to determine the components of even very complex products and define their carbon impacts based on well researched and verified data sources.
For all completed projects a full methodology report is produced together with the finalised data so that the client can support any further carbon reduction or mitigation actions.
Contact us for further information.